Medical service corps officers command the medical service corps that treats and helps the Soldiers and their families in a variety of areas: Behavioral sciences â social workers, clinical psychologists and counseling psychologists. Medical Service Corps officers are stationed at military treatment facilities, medical education institutions, clinics, hospitals and research units located within the United States and various overseas locations. CAPT Brian Lewis, MD was appointed 8 th Chief Professional Officer of the Medical Category of the Commissioned Corps of the U.S. Public Health Service (Corps) in November 2017. It includes healthcare scientists and researchers, comprising around 60% of its personnel, and healthcare administrators, comprising the remaining 40%. Itâs composed of a multidisciplinary team of Navy Officers in administrative, scientific and clinical health-care specialties. Medical Service Corps Officer. As Chief Professional Officer, CAPT Lewis provides leadership and direction for Corps medical officers and advises the Office of the Surgeon General and the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) â¦ Our medical, health and engineering professionals fight disease, conduct research, and care for patients in underserved communities across the nation and throughout the world. The Navy Medical Service Corps is made up of Naval officers who serve as healthcare administrators, scientists or medical care providers. Naval Medical Leader & Professional Development Command, (NML&PDC) located in Bethesda, Maryland, is the hub for Navy Medicine's health services support professional development training and education mission, spanning the globe through collaborative relationships with more than 200 military and civilian activities. As a Navy Health Care Administrator and Officer in the Medical Service Corps, you may: Evaluate medical and humanitarian needs after an earthquake or a natural disaster; Oversee proper construction of a new hospital at home or abroad; Manage the budget of a department, division or an entire facility Medical Service Corps officers provide direct support to Navy and Marine Corps commands, squadrons, battalions and units. The Commissioned Corps of the U.S. Public Health Service, or USPHS Commissioned Corps, works on the front lines of public health. Health administration services The United States Navy Medical Service Corps is a staff corps of the U.S. Navy, consisting of officers engaged in medical support duties. Soldiers of the U.S. Army Medical Service Corps (MSC) will pay tribute to its history and accomplishments in supporting the entire Army Family during â¦ Medical service corps officers command the medical service corps that treats and helps the Soldiers and their families in a variety of areas: Behavioral sciences â social workers, clinical psychologists and counseling psychologists. The Medical Service Corps is the most highly varied Corps within Navy Health Care. Those selected to the Medical Service Corps will receive five weeks of military orientation training at the Naval Officer Development School (ODS), Newport, Rhode Island. Medical Service Corps Officer Student US Army Mar 1993 - May 1993 3 months. Medical Service Corps Officers are essential in treating and helping the overall health of Soldiers and their families. A Medical Service Corps officer can do a variety of Navy jobs, including scientific and medical research, hands-on clinical care and administrative support. The Medical Service Corps is a diverse and integral part of the Army Health Care Team.